KATIE SCHWARZMANN PRO LACROSSE CAMP
Katie Schwarzmann will be a full-time coach for the entire camp!
Katie Schwarzmann's Career Highlights
Team USA Midfielder (2010-Present)
* 2-time World Champion (2013, 2017)
* Women's Professional Lacrosse League (WPLL) - Fire (2018-2019)
* First overall pick in inaugural United Women's Lacrosse League (UWLX) Draft (2016)
University of Maryland (2010-2013)
* 2-time Tewaaraton Award Winner (NCAA Player of the Year) - 2012, 2013
* 3-time National Midfielder of the Year (2011-2013)
* 4-time All-American, 4-time All-ACC
* 2010 National Champion, 4-time ACC Champion
* Penn State University Director of Operations (2018-Present)
* Mount St. Mary's University Assistant Coach (2014-2017)
July 19-21, 2021
Location: Sandy Spring Friends School - Olney, MD
Date: July 19-21, 2021
Hours: 8:00 a.m.- 2:00 p.m.
Each Camper Receives:
* 18 hours of expert instruction by a staff exclusively comprised of current and former college and national team lacrosse players and coaches over the course of 3 days
* Dry fit camp t-shirt
* Reversible practice jersey
* Autographed photo of Katie Schwarzmann
* Lunches provided by local restaurants (served in an indoor air conditioned facility)
* Opportunities to win prizes during daily competitions
Equipment: Each camper must supply their own lacrosse stick and protective equipment (goggles, mouthpiece and cleats).
Age Groups: Age groups are based on the grade the camper will enter the following school year.
The age groups are:
4th grade and under
Some age groups may be combined depending on enrollment size at each level.
Positions: This camp provides instruction for every position (attack, middies, defense and goalies). Goalies will have their own coaches.
Coaches: All coaches have college playing or coaching experience. It is for this reason we assign coaches to stations, not to age groups. This ensures campers will receive instruction from all of our talented coaches vs. just one.
The concentration is on instruction rather than watching/officiating scrimmages: At multiple stations per hour, we teach fundamentals and mechanics and provide drills to take away from camp to perfect these skills on your own.
Click on the Staff tab to view the coaching staff.
Experience: This camp is beneficial for experienced players and beginners. Because the camp is properly staffed the coaching staff can give the attention players of all skill levels deserve. Less experienced players will benefit from the focus on fundamentals. Experienced players will benefit from learning how to perfect their fundamentals from college and pro players and coaches. Perfecting fundamentals is how good players become great players.
High School Players: Most, if not all, of our camps have multiple college coaches who recruit at your club tournaments. Rather than seeing you in a club tournament at a distance for a few minutes, our camp allows exposure for 3 full days and an opportunity to get to know your personality, the strengths of your game, your athletic ability, and your work ethic. You will be given the same instruction these coaches provide their college players - your game progresses and you receive recruiting exposure.
Injuries & Health Issues: An athletic trainer will be on staff at all times to take care of any injuries that may occur. The athletic training staff is available to assist with any medication.
Water: Campers will have plenty of water breaks and are encouraged to bring their own water or sports drinks in a cooler or thermos for easy access during breaks. Water will also be provided by the athletic training staff.
Weather: The camp operates on a rain or shine policy. The camp will not be postponed or cancelled for weather related circumstances. Indoor shelter is available to the camp in the event of lightning.
Refund Policy: Refunds are not available for any reason. If a serious injury occurs prior to camp, a letter of explanation accompanied by a doctor's note may be submitted to Pro Lacrosse Camps. These requests will be considered for a tuition transfer to next year's camp.